Thursday, July 23, 2015

Room Inspired by Fashion


Chairish is an online market place where people can buy and sell new or gently used furniture and accessories. It is a great spot to find that perfect item that will bring your space to a new level.
I have been recently approached by on of their community managers and asked to create a mood board for a room of my choice using images from the site. This is the first time I have been asked to do it and at first it was a bit intimidating, but I decided to take it on. The site features such a great selection of items in all colours, from different time periods and geographic locations that it wasn't hard finding the content. I selected an outfit as inspiration for the room and I chose it for the combination of bright and bold colours that make a great statement.


Inspiration 

I chose this Turkish rug as a statement piece in the room as it successfully combines all the colours represented in the inspiration outfit.


The sofa, as well as other major furniture pieces are neutral.


Neutral furniture has allowed for the introduction of colour and texture through accessories. Accessories I chose are inspired by different cultures and give the room a warm and well traveled flair.


Glass surface of the coffee table allows the colours and the details on the rug to show through and the metallic frame parallel the jewelry from the inspiration photo.

Coffee table accessories

 Bright yellow ottoman not only provides some additional seating but is in perfect contrast to the neutral and classic looking couch.

I selected this dark wood console as a way to ground the space, provide some relief from the otherwise colourful pallet and add some weight to the room.



No comments:

Post a Comment