Thursday, March 26, 2015

Before and After


This little side table was a donation from my neighbours. They decided they didn't need it any more and wanted me to reinvent it in some way. The finish on it was mostly well preserved except for the black burn mark on the top. I hoped that the damage was only on the surface but once I stripped the varnish I noticed that it had damaged the wood. I didn't want to paint the entire piece and came up with the design for the top that would at the same time mask the burn mark.


I used an old Pantone chip to create an octagonal shape that I then traced on surface creating a random pattern.


Each octagon was then taped off to allow for a seamless colouring.




And here is the finished product. I used soft yellow, vibrant green, shimmering brown and light grey colour combo.  Wondering if the neighbour may want it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment