Friday, June 28, 2013
New Poppy Reveal
This dresser has been sitting in my storage for a while. After I have purchased and brought it home I noticed that the veneer on the top two drawers was in a rather bad shape so I lost my desire to work on its transformation right away. So one afternoon, after I couldn't ignore it any longer, I got to work to remove the chippy veneer. It actually didn't take long before the smooth wooden base was revealed and after some sanding both drawers looked like new.
The colour is a result of mixing several cans of leftover paint. Knobs are original to the piece and in good condition and instead of replacing them completely I decided to jazz them up with some contrasting paint colours.