Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Frankie



While waiting to board my early morning flight out of Melbourne I decided to pass some time in the local airport news stands (who doesn't?). I had some Aus change left and was looking for a perfect magazine to spend it on to help me get the long flight that was ahead of me pass as quickly as possible.
At first I focused on local home decor publication, but then my eye landed on the cute peach coloured cover of Frankie featuring and adorable illustration (later on I found out that the illustration was depicting Ray Eames - a member the famous chair and textile designer duo).
I could not resist and had to check out what the 150+ pages had to offer and could not have been more delighted but to find that it is a portal that talks about (mostly) local design, art, craft, photography and features works of many (Australian but also international) Etsy sellers. All the articles are written in a quirky and fun voice and reading them makes you feel like you are actually talking to the writers.
Their website is equally fun to browse through and offers a bunch of interesting tidbits on all the featured topics. All the (bi-weakly) issues are available in digital format but can also be ordered in print. To make things more interesting, printed copies are available in selected Canadian Chapters stores. Yey to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment